1. Beautisol Sunless Self Tanning Mouse – Instant/Gradual color. This has definitely become one of my all time favorites! Seriously, it has the best guide color so you know exactly where it’s going and you can apply it with the mitt that comes with which makes it super easy. It’s lightweight and fast-drying. I’m casper kind of white and this provides a great natural looking tan. It’s also moisturizing which is amazing and is formulated with a technology to keep it smelling great so you aren’t left with the gross self tanner smell.
2. Xen Tan Perfect Blend – Gradual color. This one should definitely be applied while wearing gloves. It has a gorgeous olive base so you don’t end up looking like Snooki. This is foul proof and perfect for a first time self tanner. This has an adjustable dial so you can literally customize your tan each time you apply. No streaks, no orange after glow and absolutely no gross scent.
3. Loreal Sublime Bronze Airbrush Spray – Instant Color. This is one of the best of the best when it comes to drugstore self tanners, it’s under $10 which is amazing! I really love this, I highly recommend putting this on in your tub though while standing because it’s seriously messy. Because it’s a spray and has a bit of a guide color so it’s easy to see where it’s going and prevent spots. I didn’t get any streaks from this, awesomesauce! The wide angle applicator makes it easy to apply this on your own and get even hard to reach places. This is a perfect color for summer.
4. St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse – Instant/Gradual color. This is lightweight and super easy to apply and probably the most natural looking tan that I have ever gotten out of a bottle. No streaking and provides an all over tan, definitely use the mitt to apply or rubber gloves. I absolutely love the color of this!
5. Sun Labs Overnight Tan – Instant color. This gives you a pretty, glowing and natural looking tan. Definitely the ‘cult’ favorite in the bunch, and I can promise you Sun Labs is worth the hype! They’re super in tune with what you need from a self tanner. This one smells fab. This one sets in about three hours and is extra moisturizing.
You can check out an updated for 2014 version of the Best Self Tanners!