It’s a new year and I for one have made a commitment to myself to be healthier. You may have seen the lovely Taylor hanging out around here with her new NO EXCUSES workout series & I am making a point to try out these exercises and get fit this year! I’m teaming up with Kendall to #LoseTheFluff come hang out with us on IG and use the #LoseTheFluff hashtag to join in and let’s support each other! I’ve also just signed back up with Weight Watchers and this time around I want to really stick with it, I absolutely love Weight Watchers because you can honestly eat whatever you want and that’s a biggie for me. I’m very picky so I can’t ever go on a plan where they tell me to eat this, this or that and nothing else that would last for about two minutes! I also need a way to hold myself accountable so I think linking up with the fabulous Sarah and some other ladies for ‘Operation Get Fit‘ is the right way to go, now I just have to remember to get some of these posts up for that and I promise I’ll even throw in a few ‘check ins’ so you can check out my progress! Let’s motivate each other!!
Browsing Pinterest and getting a deep fryer for Christmas has made me want to fry ALL THE THINGS!! Did you know you could deep fry a brownie, a cheese steak, and even a freaking twinkie? Those pins make it pretty hard for anyone to stay healthy and I am not completely giving that stuff up, I don’t believe in dieting. It will only end with you gaining that weight back and then some because you end up bingeing on everything you have deprived yourself of BUT I believe in moderation! I also think it’s a good idea to make some healthier recipes for my husband and I that are actually tasty that way we don’t feel deprived and if we want to indulge on deep fried everything I won’t need to feel guilty about it! I wanted to share some of my favorite healthy recipes with y’all! These include some low fat, gluten free, and weight watchers friendly recipes that I think are a fabulous place to start!
- Low Fat Jalapeno Popper Dip // Stockpiling Moms
- Harvest Salad With Pears & Pomegranates // Delightful E Made
- Green Smoothie // Beauty101
- Grilled Chicken Caprese Wraps // Sunny With A Chance Of Sprinkles
- 235 Calorie Wrap // Sunny With A Chance Of Sprinkles
- Southwest Salad In A Jar // Sunny With A Chance Of Sprinkles
- Weight Watchers Brownie Truffles // Pint Sized Baker
- Gluten & Sugar Free Muffins // Pint Sized Baker
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Pancakes // Pint Sized Baker
- Tri Color Ribbon Salad // Cooking On The Front Burner
- Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip // The Kitchen Is My Playground
- Sweet Potato Hummus // The Kitchen Is My Playground
- Veggie Quiche Cups To Go // The Kitchen Is My Playground
- Weight Watchers Cream Cheese Rocky Road Fudge // Mommy Enterprises
- Weight Watchers Pepperoni Pizza Muffins // Mommy Enterprises
- Weight Watchers Triple Berry Cheesecake // Mommy Enterprises
- 1/2 The Fat & 1/2 The Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies // Thrifty Recipes
- Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup // Just Us Four Blog
- Carrot Cauliflower Shepherds Pie // Just Us Four Blog
- Thai Curry Stuffed Peppers // Just Us Four Blog
- Orange Chicken Stir Fry // Just Us Four Blog
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers // Just Us Four Blog
- Vegetable Quinoa Soup // Just Us Four Blog
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms // Just Us Four Blog
- Mexican Bean Salad // Just Us For Blog
- Kale Chips // Ann’s Entitled Life
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes // One Creative Mommy
- Chicken Fajita Soup // One Creative Mommy
I hope y’all found a recipe on this list that you love! I for one am drooling and want to try them all! Healthy definitely doesn’t have to mean diet with these recipes, super tasty!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HEALTHY RECIPE?