[button link=”http://www.hairsprayandhighheels.net/about/disclosure-content-uses/” target=”_blank” color=”D” align=”right”]AFFILIATE LINKS[/button]
Hair obsessed? Me too! I am here to tell you that by following a few of these quick at home hair tips you can be well on your way to healthy, full of life shiny hair! Expensive services, monthly trips to the salon are sometimes unnecessary. There’s so much you can do yourself. I’m super cheap and the thought of paying for something that I can do at home is crazy and pretty ridiculous if you ask me. These simple at home hair tips are things I follow religiously and have seriously helped get my hair back into shape from all the dyeing.
1. Take a look at what you’re eating & drinking. Want healthy hair? Then make sure you’re putting the right stuff into your body. You’re hair is a direct reflection of what’s going on on the inside. A well balanced diet is key. Check out our superfoods for your hair post for some tips on what you should be eating. Make sure you’re drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. These things are going to do way more for you then any salon treatment, shampoo or hair mask ever could. Promise.
2. Be kind to your hair. After washing use a super absorbent towel to soak up all of the excess moisture. Take care not to be so rough. Let it your hair air dry whenever possible. Heating tools are the devil, they will wreak havoc on healthy hair. Whenever possible, try to go without! If you absolutely need to use heat to dry or style your hair, be sure to use a protectant! This one here is my favorite!
3. Invest in a hair brush that is right for you! Whenever possible, use a wide tooth comb like this one to comb through wet hair or grab yourself a tangle teezer, which is one my favorite hair brushes and recommend by my stylist.
4. Need a trim? Split ends overtaking your life? You can get rid of those at home too! Carefully! Grab small sections of your hair and gently twist them in a downward motion. All of your split ends will stick out. Grab some very sharp scissors (like these) and super carefully cut into each section. Don’t get crazy, you don’t have to cut directly through it, just enough to remove any split ends. You’ll be left with a super natural layered look and some money in your pockets that you save on that monthly trim. I try to only get a trim once every four months or so, I can get rid of split ends at home so why pay the big bucks? AND if you’re feeling super adventurous I suggest checking out “How To Cut Your Own Hair” from And Then We Saved because she rocked it!!
5. Do have super thin hair that sheds like crazy? I definitely do! It can totally be combated or even reversed by utIlizing a few of these simple hair tips! Biotin is awesome to help regenerate hair follicles. Have a banana, honey and yogurt smoothie with low-fat milk daily. Take all the vitamins!!! B6 is awesome for hair, people love them some prenatal vitamins for their hair and nails, zinc works wonders. Obviously, contact your physician before implementing any of these tips!
I have been using these simple at home hair tips for years! They are quick and easy and can have a great impact on the health of your hair!
WHAT AT HOME HAIR TIPS DO YOU STAND BEHIND?