This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/P&G. All opinions are 100% that of Hairspray and Highheels.
Happppppy Monday! So usually as soon as February starts I can already promise you that soon enough I will be knocked out by cold and flu season. It never fails. So after countless years, I feel like sharing some of my tips for fighting this dreaded season would be helpful for someone else! I absolutely hate being sick but these tips make it a tiny bit more bearable and helps me get rid of it quicker.
1. KEEP IT CLEAN // I can’t stress this enough. Stock up on hand sanitizers and always wash your hands. Especially if you’re out in public in stores or if you have to use a restroom, hand sanitizers are your best friend. Kill all of the germs and send them packing right back to wherever they came from. Seriously. Bye.
2. STAY HYDRATED AND DON’T FORGET TO EAT // Make sure you’re getting in your daily dose of water, Drink it all up. Fluids will help you to not only feel better but help you kick the cold a little quicker. Grab some chicken soup and make sure you’re getting in your nutrients.
3. GET SOME REST // Give in to the sick and get some extra sleep or just lounge around. Exerting yourself is only going to make it worse. Let your body recuperate and let it rest so that you can get back to feeling 100% quicker!
4. STOCK UP ON MAGAZINES AND DVDS (OR NETFLIX) AND A COMFY BLANKET // So I know that this won’t actually help in the fighting of the flu BUT it will help you keep from being bored to death while doing #3
5. STOCK YOUR MEDICINE CABINET // There is nothing, and I mean nothing worse then waking up in the middle of night with flu like symptoms and having no medicine on hand. I stock up early, pretty much at the first sign of cold weather I am in Walmart like a crazy person grabbing everything you need to get through cold and flu season. In one stop, you can grab Vicks Severe, Puffs tissues, ingredients for chicken soup, and a warm blanket.
So if you have any of these symptoms:
- Nasal congestion
- Sinus congestion and pressure
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- Cough to help you sleep
- Minor aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Runny nose and sneezing
- Reduces swelling of nasal passages
- Temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- Promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
Use my tips above and go get you some Vicks Sever Cold & Flu; Dayquil because maximum strength nondrowsy cold and flu relief so you can tackle your to-do list and Nyquil because it is maximum strength nighttime cold and flu relief, so you can take back your night. Vicks DayQuil and NyQuil Severe are available at Walmart.com and in stores. Be sure to stock up to prepare for cough, cold and flu season.