This is a sponsored post on behalf of LouAna Organic Coconut Oil. As always, all opinions are my own.
I’m super excited to share today’s post with y’all. You know that I am obsessed with beauty do-it-yourself projects and for the last month or so I have been working on creating this fun series with LouAna Organic Coconut Oil to show you all the ways you can use their coconut oil in your beauty routine. Coconut oil is such a huge component in so many beauty DIY projects that it only seemed right to start there. Today we are starting with three easy projects that you can totally do at home and give yourself some much needed pampering.
Coconut oil is super on trend lately and I’m sure you have seen it popping up everywhere from oil pulling to cooking as a go-to product. However, coconut oil can do so much more. Adding LouAna Organic Coconut Oil into your beauty routine is super beneficial for a lot of reasons. My favorite being how super moisturizing it is. Rich with carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals that are super good for your hair, skin and nails; coconut oil will be the perfect addition to your at-home beauty DIYs. So let’s jump right in and get started!
Our first Coconut Oil DIY using LouAna Organic Coconut Oil is going to be a hair mask. This mask can be used with all hair types. However, it’s especially beneficial to those with chemically treated and dry hair because of how moisturizing it is.
This mask contains just four ingredients, LouAna Organic Coconut Oil, raw shea butter, argon oil and fresh lime juice.
It’s super easy to make. And takes under 10 minutes to get it all put together and ready to go.
- Put 1Tbsp of LouAna Organic Coconut Oil in a microwave save bowl, microwave for 10-15 seconds until your get an almost liquefied consistency.
- Drop in 12 drops of argon oil and mix.
- Add in your shea butter and mix until your get a nice creamy consistency.
- Squeeze the juice of ½ lime into your mixture and mix.
You’re ready to use your mask now, apply it to dry hair, brush it through and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with luke warm water and shampoo & style as usual. This mask leaves your hair feeling super hydrated and gives you a nice boost of shine.
Next up is a simply amazing cuticle balm. This is my favorite way to make sure that my cuticles are on point and don’t look dried out and jagged. I use it nightly before bed.
For this balm, you need just four ingredients. LouAna Organic Coconut Oil, shea butter, orange essential oil and beeswax. It’s SO easy to put together and is ready in about an hour. Most of that time is waiting, so the actual prep is under 10 minutes.
- Combine your coconut oil(1Tbsp), shea butter(1Tbsp) and beeswax(1/2 Tbsp.) into a glass bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of boiling water. (A makeshift double boiler, feel free to use an actual double boiler if you have one)
- Stir until melted and well combined into a clear liquid.
- Drop 25 drops of orange essential oil into your liquid mix.
- Pour it into any small container, I found mine at Walmart for a four pack for $3. But any small bowl or container with a lid will work. The liquid mixture will take the form of whatever you pour it into so this is totally up to you.
- The waiting game, you can let it sit on your counter and wait about an hour but if you want it quicker, pop it in the fridge.
Once your mixture is in solid form you are ready to use and apply to your cuticles! And the orange essential oil makes it so that this fun DIY cuticle balm smells divine.
Last but not least, we are going to make a super refreshing heel & foot scrub with our LouAna Organic Coconut Oil as the star of this DIY. This scrub is something I use 1-2 times a week and absolutely keeps my feet and heels sandal ready. I tend to get super dry skin on my heels and this takes care of it in a jiffy.
For our scrub we are going to have four ingredients. Epson salt, LouAna Organic Coconut Oil, rose hip essential oil and Listerine. I don’t know what it is about Listerine but it really helps get rid of those dry heels, the Epson salt is something that has been used for ages to sooth aches and pains so putting it into a foot scrub is only natural. The LouAna Organic Coconut Oil is going to be our moisturizer and the rose hip oils, with its skin rejuvenating properties is the perfect touch to round out this DIY.
- Take 1 Tbsp. of LouAna Organic coconut oil and melt down in a microwave safe bowl for 15 seconds.
- Pour it into a container filled with ½ cup of Epson salt and mix well.
- Drop 25-30 drops of rose hip essential oil into your container and mix.
- Grab a glass container for storage, I found mine in the dollar spot at Target. Place 1 tbsp. of Listerine in the bottom of your container.
- Add your salt mixture to the top.
You’re ready to scrub. Use either your hands or an exfoliating loofa sponge to rub this mixture onto your feet and heels. I usually do it for about 10 minutes in circular motions and then rinse. For extra dry skin, soak your feet in hot water for about 15 minutes before scrubbing. You can keep this for about a month or so in a cool place. The salt will start to dissolve and if you find it’s dissolved too much just add a bit more for continued use.
I hope you all enjoyed these super fun and easy do it yourself beauty products. Stay tuned for more ways to add LouAna Organic Coconut Oil into your beauty routines! Check out the product locator to find out where to get your hands on your very own LouAna Organic Coconut Oil. Enhance your daily skin and hair care routine with these easy LouAna Organic Coconut Oil beauty recipes.