[button link=”http://bit.ly/disclosurepolicyhh” target=”_blank” color=”D” align=”center”]This blog post is part of a paid Megan Media and Health Warrior blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.[/button]
With January in full swing, I’ve really been focusing on my personal health and wellness and with that comes healthy diet and exercise habits. And, as you know, I’m always on the lookout for new brands and products that can provide some daily inspiration. Enter Health Warrior, a mission-driven food brand founded in 2010 by three friends, Dan, Nick and Shane, who were inspired by the best-selling book Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. After reading how the Tarahumara Indians of Mexico fuel their seemingly superhuman long-distance runs with chia, the three friends were inspired to incorporate chia into their daily diets. They saw first hand the health benefits of chia, and thus they decided to share the #HealthWarriorWay and chia’s superfood story with all of us.
These three college friends and the company as a whole have a mission to inspire healthy lifestyle and wellness habits. Since that’s a huge focus of mine in 2017, I figured Health Warrior would be the perfect fit for me. And as you all know, I can’t keep it from you guys when I am obsessing over something. Chia bars from Health Warrior are the first of their kind to include chia seeds as the #1 ingredient, and they’re designed to fit easily into your busy lives and power your workouts.
I find that being so busy with work, it’s sometimes hard to get to the gym on a daily basis, and I know I’m not alone. I’ve therefore come up with a few tips, tricks, and at-home workouts to help you (and me) fit in our daily exercise and stay healthy in 2017.
5 WAYS TO FIT EXERCISE INTO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE
- Commit to being a Health Warrior. In the past, I’ve been my own worst enemy. I’d often skip meals or snack on junk in the morning. And if I was hungry, there was zero chance of getting a workout in. But I’m committing to health and wellness in 2017. This is super important. To make real changes in our lives, we have to be dedicated to the cause and make small changes that add up to big results. The #HealthWarriorWay is a lifestyle, after all, not a fad.
- Set your workout clothes out the night before. I find that if I wake up and put my workout uniform on there is a much better chance that I will actually workout. Otherwise, my leggings just sit there mocking me. With my outfit on at the start of the day, I’m more motivated to take 20-30 minutes and go for a run in the morning or enjoy a brisk power walk midday.
- Stay fueled. This is key. Don’t go hungry. I’ve been making it a point to eat breakfast and fuel my body regularly and healthily throughout the day. Mid-morning, I’ll grab a Health Warrior Chia Bar, which gives me the energy I need to fit my exercise in around lunchtime. If you like to (or need to) work out after work or later in the day, grab a Health Warrior Chia Bar 30 minutes or an hour before your workout. It’ll keep you from going hungry, and you’ll feel a lot better and maybe even enjoy your workout!
- Write it in your planner. I have been scheduling my workout times for the week on Sunday nights. This not only helps keep me accountable, but it gives me time to think through my week and make adjustments where needed so that I can fit exercise into my day appropriately.
- Fit the workout in whenever and wherever you can. Sometimes, it’s just too hard to follow through on actual gym time. That doesn’t mean you can’t get your workout in! Do some lunges while you’re drying the dishes or jumping jacks between every five items of laundry you fold. I work at a desk most of the day, so a quick way I like to get moving on busy days is by jogging in place (my dog is not a fan of this though) for about 5 minutes. Where there is a will, there is a way. And if you’re thinking healthy and grabbing one of those Health Warrior Chia Bars instead of that handful of chips, your body will feel healthier and crave movement, no matter where you are!
All the Health Warrior bars are delicious, but I want to give a special shout out to the Coconut Chia Bars. I’m not a coconut fan, but these delicious little morsels turned out to be my favorite of the bunch (followed by close seconds in Acai Berry and Chocolate Peanut Butter). I’m also excited because Health Warrior is launching two new flavors: Vanilla Almond Chia Bars and Mint Chocolate Superfood Protein Bars. I had a chance to try out the Vanilla Almond Chia Bars and they are SO good.
Health Warrior Chia Bars are available in more than 10,000 stores across the U.S. You can find them in Target, Safeway, Kroger, Whole Foods Market, and Wegmans, as well as in fitness studios and at independent retailers. The easiest way is to order online from either Amazon or directly from Health Warrior’s website. Health Warrior products are certified gluten-free and kosher, and are Non-GMO Project Verified.
Through mid-March, Health Warrior is also hosting a kickstarter campaign to benefit the Tarahumara tribe in Mexico. I highly encourage you all to check this out and donate if you can. It’s a great story and a great cause. A new flavor of Chia bar, Mexican Chocolate (can you say YUM?), will be launched as part of this campaign and 100% of profits from the pledges are going straight towards sustainable agriculture projects for the Tarahumara.
Now that you’re all caught up on how I’m incorporating exercise and Health Warrior Chia Bars into my daily routine in 2017, what about a little sweepstakes fun? Health Warrior is sponsoring the “When Are You A Health Warrior?” Instagram Sweeps. The winner will receive a $500 Amazon gift card AND a 6-month supply of Health Warrior Chia Bars (WOW!). It’s easy to enter:
- Upload an image that answers the question “When Are You a Health Warrior?” and include the hashtag #HealthWarriorSweeps on Instagram. These photos can be anything from healthy snacks, healthy meal prep, where and how you’re fitting in your workout that day, hitting your goal at the gym – and all of those other “little victories” that add up to being a “super you!” You’ve got something to share, I’m sure of it.
- Tag the brand @HealthWarrior.
You can also tag me if you enter. I’d love to see you being the best Health Warrior you can be!