Thank you to Dove and Mirum Shopper for sponsoring today’s post.
I don’t know where you all are but here in New Jersey, we had a pretty mild winter, until January. It’s now been freezing and raining for days. Cooler temps mean our bodies act differently in situations. Our skin gets drier, our hands start to crack, our scalp gets dry, and so much more. These are my tips for upgrading your routine in cooler temperatures.
- FACE MOISTURIZER: When it’s warmer, we are always used to using a lighter moisturizer. Once the cooler temps hit it’s a whole different ball game. It’s time to roll out the heavy duty moisturizers, even folks with oily skin can get dry from the cold dry air. Go for a thick night cream or overnight sleeping mask to keep your skin hydrated.
- EXFOLIATE: A quick way to help battle dry skin is exfoliating a few times a week. You can grab an exfoliating scrub or face wash. You can use a face scrubbing brush or exfoliating facial wipes.
- DRY SHAMPOO: One thing that I feel like I use way more of during the winter is definitely dry shampoo. My scalp dries out and so does my hair if I wash it too often so I use dry shampoo to get me between washes. When I do have to wash, I use a leave-in to keep the dryness at bay.
- BODY MOISTURIZER: I know for me, dry skin doesn’t stick to my face. So I have to have a super awesome body moisturizer as well. Use this daily, even twice daily if needed.
- DEODORANT: One thing I never have to worry about in the winter are my underarms. I have been using Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant Deodorant Original Clean for years. Even in the winter, deodorant is important, let no one tell you different. The scent is amazing, clean and fresh. It protects against underarm wetness and odor. It glides on easy and doesn’t stain your shirts, which is great for me with tanks at the gym. I’m including this as an upgrade to your winter beauty routine because it contains Dove Nutrium Moisture and 1/4 moisturizers for underarm care. This keeps your skin soft and smooth.
And it’s not just me, other ladies love Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant Deodorant, I’ve switched all of my besties over. I even included it in our Christmas gifts for each of them. Dove has real reviews from real women on their site and I love reading through them.
Soft skin? Sounds like the perfect Winter beauty upgrade to me! And now I bet you’re wondering where to pick up your own Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant Deodorant, right? You can find it at your local Walmart, one of my favorite places to shop for my beauty and personal care items. You can grab all the products you need at Walmart and update your Winter beauty routine.