I have been buying makeup brushes off Amazon for the better part of 2016 so I could write this post. I’ve tried some that were absolutely horrendous and I tossed in the hell no, never again, why is this shedding all over my damn face bin. And I’ve tried some sets that I have fallen head over heels for. Even some Oval makeup brushes that have completely replaced their kajillion dollar counterparts.
I’m not entirely sure how I would live my life without Amazon Prime, it’s literally the best thing. It’s freezing cold here and I don’t want to leave the house. Prime makes that doable, seriously, get it. The best part is all but one set of these brushes is available on Prime, so if you order now, you can probably have them tomorrow. Check out our other Amazon posts: Best Makeup Storage on Amazon && Best Makeup Mirrors on Amazon
- Kabuki Brushes from BS-MALL: These were the first set that I tried. They reminded me of Morphe brushes in the way that they looked so I figured why the hell not, give them a try. They were my gateway drug if you will. And they didn’t disappoint. I’m still using them months and months later. The con to these brushes, as you’ll see in the reviews is they have a strong chemical smell when you pull them out, almost like nail polish remover. I washed them first and the smell went away and all was well in my world. The Flat Foundation Brush does a fantastic job of buffing in foundation and setting powder. And really, at $8.99, I don’t even care if the handles are eventually going to “pop off” as some of the reviews state. I want to buy a backup set because I love them that much.
- Blue Hair Makeup Brushes from Chic Makeup: I grabbed these because blue. I have got, to be honest, I wasn’t expecting to even like them. I had tried a few sets in between these and the kabuki’s and I was underwhelmed. But I saw blue and knew they would be oh so pretty in my collection. I was pleasantly surprised that they were pretty decent quality. Are they perfect? No, I’ve had better. But for the price, go get you some.
- Oval Brushes from BeautyKate: These little precious gems of amazing. Again, I ordered these because they were so pretty. Again I was surprised because they ended up being great quality. I’ve loved oval brushes since I used my first Artis brush, but let me just tell you, your girl does not want to throw out that kind of cash on brushes. These work and I love the finish, especially the largest brush in the set.
- Mermaid Dreams Brush Set from Fashion Now: I mean, they come in a shell case. Do I have to say more? I bought these because I have a love affair with mermaids. And if you love mermaids, you should buy them too. I can’t tell you if they work or not because they’re too pretty to use, I bought them simply to be a part of my collection.
- Oval Makeup Brush 10pc Set: I continuously buy Oval brushes because I really just like how they apply my makeup. No surprise here, these are great. They’re under $20 and you can’t beat the price. The reviews were decent so I felt comfortable in that these would be a great budget buy and that they are.
- Iridescent Brush Set: This is another one that I haven’t physically used. They’re on the list because pretty. And I know that I have a lot of readers like me who simply buy some affordable brushes to display.
- Rose Gold Oval Brushes: I saved the best for last. These are everything that is right in the makeup world. Stop everything, order them right now. I’m not kidding. I love them. You won’t need the kajillion dollar brushes these lives right up to those expectations.
If you’re looking for some affordable brushes for show or for use. This list is definitely where I would start.