Ok people, I couldn’t do it. When I sat down to write up Jaclyn Hill’s Ride or Die tag, I couldn’t narrow things down. There was a clear divide between drugstore and high-end products. I did the Drugstore Ride or Die post a few months back so be sure to check that one out if you want some affordable alternatives.
RIDE OR DIE HIGH-END MAKEUP PRODUCTS
- LAURA GELLER SPACKLE UNDER MAKE-UP PRIMER: This has been one of my favorite primers for what feels like forever. It’s one that I always go back to.
HIGH-END COLOR CORRECTOR
- STILA CORRECT & PERFECT ALL-IN-ONE CORRECTING PALETTE: This really is going to be the best bang for your buck when it comes to color correcting products. There is a shade for everything. Since I tend to pull more on the red side, the green in this palette is my absolute jam.
- DIOR FOREVER TENT HAUTE PERFECTION: Hands down my absolute favorite foundation in the history of ever. It lasts all day, is super lightweight, looks great on dry skin, and applies like a second skin.
- NARS RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER: This has been a long time favorite of mine. The coverage is beautiful and I have never had a concealer with such a perfect color match for my pale skin that pulls all the red.
- BECCA AQUA LUMINOUS PERFECTING CONCEALER: Another amazing concealer, this is great on days when you feel like you look extra dull or tired, it brightens up your entire face.
- LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT LOOSE POWDER: Um duh, a cult favorite with good reason. This is perfection.
- URBAN DECAY NAKED SKIN SHAPESHIFTER: This is one of my absolute favorite contour palettes because it’s basically a complexion palette. One side contains powders (three for contouring and one pearl shade for highlighting), and the other holds creams (two for contouring, two for color-correcting and one pearl shade for highlighting). It does it all. Get it. Right meow.
- LAURA MERCIER MATTE RADIANCE BAKED POWDER: I love a good matte bronzer, and this has a great shade range. I use Bronze 01, and it’s perfect. Not too orange and gives just the right amount of warmth.
- MAC POWDER BLUSH: I specifically chose this for the shade mocha that you can see above, it’s so pretty and is perfection.
- BECCA SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR PRESSED HIGHLIGHTER IN CHAMPAGNE POP: I mean, do I really even need to tell you why? Champagne Pop is absolutely freaking perfection.
- MAC BRUSH SETS: These two sets will give you a pretty good starting point if you’re looking to jump into better quality brushes. First set here || Second set here
HIGH-END EYE PRIMER
- URBAN DECAY EYESHADOW PRIMER POTION: This legit works so freaking well I can’t even explain it.
- ABH MODERN RENAISSANCE: Unlike its sister, Subculture, MR is a cult favorite. It’s my most used palette and that’s saying a ton because I have put a few dents in some pretty palettes in my day.
- DIOR 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow: These are cool, they’re all amazing quality and if you choose one of these you have 6 separate color options. I always impressed.
- MAC PREP + PRIME: BEST EVER IN LIFE.
- KAT VON D TATTOO LINER: Yo, go get you some of this. It’s the best, lasts the longest.
- LANCOME DRAMA LIQUI-PENCIL: This little creamy eye pencil is one of my absolute favorite things in life.
- DIORSHOW: This is one of my absolute favorite mascaras ever in life.
HIGH-END BROW PRODUCTS
- JANE IREDALE RETRACTABLE BROW PENCIL: This is one of my favorite pencils. It’s teeny tiny and gives you that beautiful hair like strokes.
- BENEFIT KA-BROW!: This is such a creamy product, I have been obsessed with it for awhile. It’s super easy to use and give you a natural look.
HIGH-END LIP LINERS
- MAC LIP PENCILS: These are legit some of the best ever liners. I’m partial to the shades Whirl, Soar, and Dervish.
HIGH-END LIQUID LIPSTICK & LIPSTICK
HIGH-END MAKEUP REMOVERS
- BEAUTYCOUNTER CLEANSING BALM: I did not want to love this because of the price tag but I just can’t quit it. It’s the best cleansing balm I’ve ever used, especially if you have dry skin. You just have to have it.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleanser: I really just love cleansing balms. And this one is a bit more affordable but no less awesome.