One of the questions I get asked the most over on Instagram is about skincare in whatever capacity. Whether that’s my current routine, my thoughts on facials, or how I feel about chemical peels. It’s always a topic of conversation. I make no secret of the fact that my actual skincare routine is pretty extensive, it’s one of the places where I tend to put my money and my time when it comes to a beauty routine. Outside of my full current skincare routine, there are other tips and tricks that I do/use on a daily basis that I wanted to share.
1. WEAR AN SPF – I can not stress this enough. I don’t care if you’re not leaving your house. Got windows? Put the SPF on. Just running to the store? YOU NEED SPF. I remember my early 20’s and before, the only thing I cared about was being tan. And I’m paying for that now with signs of aging and some sun damage. Get a fake tan, ladies, and gents. Put on your SPF. For real. A few of my faves >>
2. RUN A HUMIDIFIER – I started using humidifiers for my skin last winter and I am so thankful that I did. Cold and dry air completely pulls the moisture from your skin. This can cause all sorts of skin issues, including dullness, dryness, flaking, and aging. And you know we are not trying to age over here SO I researched things I could do to help my skin in the winter. We also have baseboard heat which is SO dry, that’s why I originally started looking. I’m currently using this humidifier in my office, I have it run the entire time I’m in there working. And then I have this mini one on my nightstand that runs while I sleep. My dryness has gotten significantly better, I’m still dry it’s just my skin type, but I don’t have the kind of flaking that I used to. Running the humidifiers allow you to keep your skin a little less messed up.
3. FACIAL MASSAGES – Look, the jury is still out on the science behind facial massages. I don’t care. They feel nice and I’ve noticed immediate results after rolling my face with a rose quartz roller or an ice roller. I have a WTF is facial rolling post if you want to learn more about HOW and WHY I do this. A few of my fave rollers >>
4. DRINK WATER – I feel like this is pretty self-explanatory, Our bodies need water. We could all use a little more hydration in our lives. I for whatever reason struggle with this one the most. But putting in this cute ass bottle isn’t the worst thing I’ve ever done.
5. SILK PILLOWCASE – This is something I just started and it wasn’t even for skincare, it was to help with breakage in my hair. But when I was looking for a pillowcase to help with that, I ended up seeing all the benefits these pillowcases provide for your skin such as: leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth and preventing breakouts. This is the pillowcase I ended up buying!