Is there anything more relaxing then a warm bath? Add in a glass of wine and it just gets a bit more relaxing. I have a been a fan of detox baths for a long time and I have a few that I want to share but I wanted to start specifically with this one because we have been talking so much #NOEXCUSES fitness around these parts! I wanted to give y’all a DIY Detox Bath that will also soothe your aching muscles in the process. If you’re hurting from a workout this is perfect for you!
DIY Detox baths will rid your body of all the unnecessary toxins and put you in a relaxed state so I love doing them before bed! I’m always in the mood for a warm
scolding hot bath so I love having one after a particularly taxing workout!
This one is SUPER easy to do & requires little to no extras, most of it is probably in your pantry already!
DIY DETOX BATH
- 3 cups of Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1 Tablespoon of dried ginger
- 1/2 – 1 cup of epson salts
- 2 Tablespoons of essential oil (completely optional)
HOW TO MIX IT: Fill your tub with hot water (or warm, if you’re not crazy like me) pour in the peroxide, ginger, epson salts and essential oils if you prefer.
WHAT TO DO NEXT: Get in & RELAX! Soak for at least 30 minutes or longer if needed! The longer you stay in the more intense the detox will be. You can double this recipe for a stronger detox.
My muscles, especially my shoulders for whatever reason have been super achy lately. I’m totally accepting deep tissue massages if anyone is giving those out 😉 This has really been helping me to ease the pain & relax! I grab a good book and just soak in silence for about an hour!
- If you’ve never done a detox bath I recommend starting of with the basic ingredients and 30 minute soak time and see how you feel.
- I am not a doctor and I am not a healthcare professional so be sure to contact your physician before changing anything in your routine. Especially if you’re pregnant or nursing.
HAVE YOU DONE A DIY DETOX BATH? WHAT ARE YOUR MUST HAVES?