[button link=”http://www.hairsprayandhighheels.net/about/disclosure-content-uses/” target=”_blank” color=”D” align=”right”]AFFILIATE LINKS[/button]
The buzz around NYFW hasn’t settled down and I don’t expect it to for quite sometime. The trends that these ladies rocked on the runway are truly amazing. From negative space manis to the flawless makeup looks I have been loving everything that I have seen. A lot of these looks are things that you can start wearing now and you’re not bogged down by Spring colors that won’t play well with the season. I wanted to share a few of my favorite looks from the Jenny Packham and Pamela Rolland shows.
Pamella Roland Spring/Summer 2015 Runway Show // Look created by Matin Maulawizada for Laura Mercier
Pamella Roland’s inspiration for her 2015 Spring/Summer collection stemmed from “The Gardens of Kyoto Japan.” As an ode to Japan and cherry blossoms, lead makeup artist, Matin Maulawizada for Laura Mercier, created a fashion-forward monochromatic look. He was inspired by a “Geisha-esque” image of American model Guinvere van Seenus photographed by Steven Meisel. The final look was “effortless, but dramatic.”
FACE: Flawless, youthful complexion.
- Mattin first prepped the skin with Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum, applying it on the t-zone, underneath the eyes and on the cheekbones to illuminate the skin.
- Next, he massaged Laura Mercier Foundation Primer into the skin to create an even canvas.
- He then dabbed Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide in one shade lighter than the models’ skin all over the face to provide lightweight coverage.
- To eliminate any puffiness and to brighten the under-eye area, he applied Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer.
- Lastly, to ensure the makeup stayed in place on the runway, he swept Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder, over the entire face.
CHEEKS: Fashion-forward cheeks
- In order to create the exaggerated cheek look, Matin applied Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Stick Face Colour in Bronze Glow, to the tops of the cheeks and around the eyes.
- On top of the Bronze Glow, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Rosebud, outside the eye, on the temple, brow bone, in the crease of the eye, lightly under the lash line and high on the cheek bones, steering clear of the apples of the cheeks.
- He then used Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander, under the eye, in the inner rim and on the cheeks, to soften them.
- Lastly, to highlight the cheeks, Matin brushed Laura Mercier Pearl Glow Veil, part of the Bonne Mine Palette, over the lid, the brow bone and high on the cheekbones.
EYES: Defined brown eyes
- First, Matin applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Cocoa at the lash line, blending it up and out and also around the bottom of the eye.
- He then swept Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Hot Chocolate, a Sephora exclusive, on top of the lids, adding the shadow to the outer corner of the eye and emphasizing the line of the eye to frame it.
- For the final touch of glamour, he added Laura Mercier Faux Lash Macara in Black, and filled in the models’ brows to create a strong brow.
LIPS: Soft, rosy lips
- To complete the look, Matin applied a layer of Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bare Baby as a base.
- He then topped the lips with Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Petal, focusing on the middle of the lips and applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander on the sides and outer corner of the lips.
Jenny Packham Spring/Summer 2015 Runway Show // Look created by Talia Shobrook for Laura Mercier
Jenny Packham’s Spring/Summer 2015 Collection was inspired by legendary actress Marilyn Monroe, whose “images have, with their technicolor intensity, created this season’s colour palette.” The new collection evokes many of the most common adjectives used to describe Monroe – demure, confident and unmistakably seductive. The show’s lead makeup artist, Talia Shobrook, also channeled the icon in the creation of her look. Her vision is a “flawless bare” face, a modern take on Monroe’s look to showcase a healthy, beautiful flawless face.
FACE: Flawless Face
- Talia prepped the skin with Laura Mercier Moisture Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen, generously massaging it into the model’s face to awaken her complexion.
- Next, she applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer to create an even canvas, and then covered minor skin imperfections as needed using Laura Mercier Secret Concealer.
- To highlight the cheekbone, Talia applied a combination of Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen and Laura Mercier Moisture Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen.
- Lastly, she used shades from the new Laura Mercier Contour Kit, exclusive to Sephora in January, and Laura Mercier Moisture Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen, to contour the cheeks.
EYES: Mysterious eyes
- First, Talia applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Ginger, in the crease of the eyelids.
- Next, she swept Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Truffle, on the lower lash line and the upper outside corner of the lash line, flicking it out very slightly.
- She then used Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen, all over the lid and underneath the eyebrow.
- Lastly, Talia rimmed the tear ducts with Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Pink Opal, and filled in the models’ brows, customizing the shade to each girl to ensure a natural look.
LIPS: Natural Lip
What do you think of these looks? I for one will absolutely be rocking the flawless face look a lot this year! I need to get my hands on those gorgeous blush shades, how about you?
WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE NYFW TREND?