My husband and I live in a one bedroom apartment. The apartment has little to no natural light and more often than not feels like a cave instead of an apartment. Space is a hot commodity around here, I can’t tell you how many times I have literally been pulling my hair out trying to organize things and just had no where for them to go. I feel like the darkness in here makes it even worse, everything just feels tight. The new SOFI™ line offers an essential, style-smart organizational system designed to make spaces work the way you live. While I assume most people will use these systems in a large closet, we just don’t have one BUT when I saw all the different pieces I knew that I could place them in different parts of our home to keep everything stylish and organized. The whole organization system is available from Amazon so that makes it even better.
Above you can see how I used the Rax Bin and transformed it into a stylish magazine holder, it made my life so much easier. I absolutely love the angled sides and the shape of the bin. I didn’t just have piles of magazines lying around everywhere waiting for me to read. They all have a very stylish home now. I work from home and I have a corner desk in our living room area and I need so much extra space to hold all the overflow that just doesn’t look pretty sitting on my desk. I’m using the SOFI Brix Box, Small and SOFI Zipper Tote, Small for easy access for things I don’t need 24/7 access to but maybe don’t want to pull all the way down when I do need something. The Brix Bins fit perfectly into our cubed shelf and make it super easy to store all the things we need out here that we don’t want on display. The versatile Brix Box™ is easily accessible with pull-out handles and open tops. Zipper accents on the Zipper Tote™ allow for quick access. All SOFI™ Boxes, Bins and Totes are made from a minimum of 65% recycled content. Not sure where to start? The new SOFI™ line offers an essential, style-smart organizational system designed to make spaces work the way you live. So you can either reorganize your entire closet or find spaces in your home, like I did, that are a little less than organized and add some style + organization where you need it most. The versatile Brix Box™ is easily accessible with pull-out handles and open tops. SOFI products are offered in a variety of styles and can be found at Amazon.com with retail prices ranging from $9.99 to $29.99
- You don’t need to sacrifice style when organizing your closet. SOFI offers stylistic touches that instantly transform your closet or home into your own chic boutique, including:
- Simple and soft geometric forms with rounded corners
- Gold fasteners and zipper accents
- Woven handle materials reinforced with fashionable brass rivets
- Stain-guard protected silken textured exterior coupled with a fun, geometric print interior
- Sophisticated color palette of mocha exterior complimented with a lavender-grey interior.
If you’re wanting to re-imagine your closet space, Monica Friel, organizing expert and president of Chaos to Order, provides tips for organizing your closet space into your own chic boutique for spring fashion.
- Reimagine your closet as your personal chic boutique: Before you begin to organize, make sure you have cleverly-designed products to make your closet inspiring, vibrant and fun! The new line of SOFI™ home organizational products can help you makeover your closet. SOFI products feature stylistic touches like gold fasteners and zipper accents, geometric print interiors, in a sophisticated color palette to bring you inspiration every time you open your closet door.
- Now, Be a Style Editor: Go through your closet item by item. Eliminate what feels drab while gathering ideas for pieces you can add to update your existing clothing collection.
- Group Similar Items Together: The best way to know exactly what you have is to put like-items together. Use your style editor-eye to organize by type of clothing or style and then by color.
- Celebrate the Season: Keep the clothes you’re currently wearing accessible so that you don’t have to waste time searching for the things you need. For quick access to clothes and accessories, use a SOFI™ Brix Box™ with pull-out handles and open tops or a SOFI™ Zipper Tote™ for quick, front-panel access to clothes and accessories. And, take advantage of floor and shelf space in your closet with a SOFI™ Stax Shelf™that makes the most of existing vertical and horizontal space.
- Forget Last Season: Take time to get out-of-season clothes stored away. This will make your closet feel less cramped so you can easily see what you own before hitting the stores.
- Organization is not a Destination: Organization is an ongoing process that requires efficient systems, maintenance and the good old-fashioned discipline of putting things back in place. With Monica Friel’s tips, you’ll be on your way to having your own couture closet space!
Be sure to check back next week for a before and after peek at what I store in my SOFI Hex Box & SOFI products! Don’t miss it!