Can you believe that we are talking about Back To School stuff already? It feels like the summer has just flown by and colleges around here are already starting back up. So since the season is upon us I thought I would share some back to school mani ideas with you. They’re super affordable because you just need the polish and won’t have to worry about paying salon prices.
I wanted to do three manicures that could easily be done with a multitude of colors and of course I ran on over to Sally Beauty because they are my one stop shop for all my nail art needs. From polish to tools they have everything for everyone at every budget.
First up is a manicure that I’m calling Glitter & Grids, the design ended up reminding me of some of my grid note pads and its super fun and really easy to achieve.
- Pick your base color, I’m using OPI I Eat Mainely Lobster, and paint all of your nails.
- Take your white Stripe Rite Paint nail striper and draw two diagonal lines across the nails.
- Continue using the white striper and fill in the space between the two white lines.
- Take your black Stripe Rite Paint nail striper and draw two diagonal lines inside of the white space.
- Take the same black stripe and draw a few lines down through the design.
Top with glitter and enjoy. For the glitter I went with Orly Shine On Crazy Diamond.
These abstract waves are super cute and so easy to do. I am currently wearing this one and love it so much.
- Choose your base, I’m wearing China Glaze History Of The World, and paint all of your nails.
- Take a second color, OPI I Eat Mainely Lobster, and just paint little swooshes on. I didn’t stick to any pattern, I just kind of went with what I felt was cute.
- Do the swooshes for each nail.
- Take your white Stripe Rite Paint nail striper and outline each of your swooshes.
Top it off with your favorite top coat, I love Seche Vite.
Negative Space manicures are super on trend right now and I thought it would be fun to show you my favorite way to wear it. A modern day French tip if you will.
- Pick your two accent nails and take Cina Nail Striping Masking Tape and apply them super close together on the nail.
- Pick a base color, I went with OPI Amazon…Amazoff, and paint between the tape and let dry.
- Remove the tape, and don’t be worried if they’re a little messy we are going to go in with some white and help that out.
- Take your white Stripe Rite Paint nail striper and close in the lines of your base color.
- Paint your base color on to the non-accent nails, top with your favorite top coat.
See? Super easy. Each manicure only takes about 10 minutes to complete and they’re easy enough to do yourself at home on both hands! Just head over to Sally Beauty to get everything you need. Let me know in the comments which you try out!