Today’s post is sponsored by Mirum, all thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank you for always supporting our sponsors as they support us.
My hair is my pride and joy. Whenever I’m asked about my favorite trait, it’s hands down always my hair. I’ve been experimenting with hair color since I was 16. And for the last two years, I’ve been trying out different fashion colors for fun. With hair color, we do a lot of damage to our hair, so I’ve come up with 5 Easy Tips To Repair Your Colored Hair. Expensive services, monthly trips to the salon are sometimes unnecessary. There’s so much you can do yourself. These easy hair tips are things I follow religiously and have seriously helped get my hair back into shape from all the coloring.
1. Take a look at what you’re eating & drinking: Want healthy hair? Then make sure you’re putting the right stuff into your body. Your hair is a direct reflection of what’s going on on the inside. A well-balanced diet is key. Check out our superfoods for your hair post for some tips on what you should be eating. Make sure you’re drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. These things are going to do way more for you than any salon treatment, shampoo or hair mask ever could. Promise.
2. Start In The Shower: A good hair day starts in the shower, you want to make sure you’re washing and conditioning with the best possible products for your hair. You don’t have to spend an arm and a leg on products either, you can reach for TRESemmé Repair & Protect line. This is going to be perfect for anyone who has done some damage to their hair. Specifically for me, my hair is colored and bleached so I definitely need something with repairing properties. This set repairs the appearance of chemical, mechanical and heat damage from styling, repairing your hair exactly where it’s needed most. It’s formulated with biotin, which is the first step toward beginning to restore the natural beauty of your hair, right from the first use.
3. Lay Off The Heat: Be kind to your hair. After washing use a super absorbent towel to soak up all of the excess moisture. Take care not to be so rough. Let your hair air dry whenever possible. Heating tools can cause so much damage to your luscious locks, that most of the time it’s just not worth it. Whenever possible, try to go without heating tools! If you absolutely need to use a heat tool to dry or style your hair, be sure to use a heat protectant! TRESemme has an awesome one.
4. Find the right tool: If you have super thin or damaged hair, sometimes a thick bristled brush will pull at your hair and cause breakage. Opt for a wide tooth comb that will be gentler on your hair.
5. Frequent Trims: Are split ends driving you wild? For me, one the easiest ways to get my hair looking it’s healthiest is to get a trim. Trimming your hair every 4-6 weeks will keep your cut looking fresh and on point.
Pairing amazing products with lifestyle changes is really the best way to repair your colored hair. Like I said earlier, good hair starts in the shower, with the products you’re using. You don’t want to run out of those products, right?
If you’re a Sam’s Club member, you can get all the stuff you need to repair your colored hair at an affordable price and without the fear of running out. Sam’s Club has a huge hair collection, so you’re able to pick up premium Unilever club-sized packs. You can choose from a few different club-sized packs. Tresemme, Suave, and Nexxus each have club-sized packs. You get a ton of product and Sam’s Club makes your shopping trip easy.
Sam’s Club has a Scan & Go app which is one of the coolest things I have found when shopping. It makes everything super easy and quick. You download the app, and as you’re making your way through the store you scan the barcodes on the products you’re picking up and it adds everything into your queue. When you’re finished shopping you can actually pay right inside of the app, head to the exit, they scan your code in the app and you’re on your way. No lines. It’s the best ever.