This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Olay. Thank you for supporting the brands we love as they support us.
For the better part of the last three to six months, I’ve really been paying a lot more attention to health and wellness goals. Things that I want to ensure I take note of during this next year. It’s so easy to get distracted during the new year with all of these resolutions and feeling like you can live up to the hype of what others around you are doing. This is why I decided to make small changes as well as large ones so that everything felt balanced and was more doable. As we grow up, we glow up. There comes a moment when we decide to take better care of ourselves, indulging less in the less-than-healthy, and embracing our well-rounded wellbeing.
MY 2018 #GLOWUP GOALS
- QUIT SODA COMPLETELY: This one is HUGE for me. I am a Pepsi addict. I could drink a 2L of it in a day and nothing else. That obviously isn’t the healthiest of choices, so I have made the decision that this will be the year I quit. I’ve done pretty well, I went into this knowing that I couldn’t do it “cold turkey” so I weaned myself off of it. I did have some while in Arizona traveling because it’s so dry there, it was wreaking havoc on my skin, hair, and throat and the ice-cold soda made it feel better. But I’m straight back to water now. I’m actually doing really well, drinking half my body weight in ounces.
- MAKE HEALTHIER CHOICES: This one is completely food related, I’ve been making a conscious effort to pick healthier options. Salads when possible, etc. It’s really been interesting to see just how easily my body/mind is adjusting to these changes on some days. Some days are really hard though, but I know in the end it’s for the best.
- TAKE TIME TO RELAX: I am always on the go and I rarely just take any time to sit back and relax and enjoy the moment. It’s work work work all the time. I want to remember that the work will be there and taking some time to enjoy life is totally fine.
- STAY HYDRATED: This kind of goes with my first one but it’s more so a conscious effort to keep my skin in shape. Drinking water helps with a number of things, keeping your skin looking and feeling hydrated is one of them.
- TAKE CARE OF MY SKIN: You all know that I love skincare and trying out new products. During 2017, I didn’t take care of my skin as well as I probably could have. I slept in my makeup a few too many times. Neglected my body and only focused on my facial products. So many things I could have done differently, I’m setting myself up for a major #GlowUp this year, especially in the skincare department. Partnering with Olay for the launch of their Cleansing Infusions facial and body washes is super exciting.
I’m switching out my current face and body cleansers to give the Olay Cleansing Infusions line of products a chance. This is a breakthrough lineup of cleansers that draws out impurities and draws in hydration for naturally glowing skin. I tried out the Olay Cleansing Infusion Hydrating Glow Facial Cleanser with Deep Sea Kelp & Aloe Extract while in Arizona and let me just tell you, my skin felt so good afterward.
I’m used to the east coast and all of our humidity so being in Arizona for a few days was making my dry skin even worse. I used this cleanser and immediately felt relief. Next up, I plan to try the Olay Micropolishing Cleansing Infusion Hydrating Glow Facial Cleanser with Crushed Ginger & Citrus Extract.
For a while now with body care I have been finding myself a bit drier so I wanted to switch to a non-stripping cleanser. I’m going to start trying out the Olay Cleansing Infusion Hydrating Glow Body Wash with Deep Sea Kelp first because it contained biorenewing hydrators that improve your skin’s conditions as you wash and that sounded like the best possible scenario for where my skin is currently at.
The Crushed Ginger body wash and facial cleanser both contain exfoliators that break down as you wash, creating a micropolishing effect that reveals a smooth surface for healthy-looking, healthy-feeling skin.
These products claim to improve your skins radiance by hydrating to better reflect light, creating a natural glow. I definitely plan to keep you guys updated and let you know what my results are after trying and using these products for a few weeks, my own personal #GlowUp if you will.
You can get your Olay Infusions products from RiteAid here!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Olay. The opinions and text are all mine.