I have tried hundreds, yes hundreds, of makeup setting sprays. Ones for dry skin, ones to illuminate, mattify, fill in your pores etc etc etc. I’ve tried them all. I’ve managed to narrow my list of favorites down to seven. While that stills seems like a lot, I wanted to be sure to give everyone an option whether for skin type or budget.
- PIXI GLOW MIST – This spray is one of my go-to sprays for more than just setting my makeup. It sets my makeup and adds glow super well. But you can also use this on its own, as a refresher, in your skincare routine. So many different days. This is perfect for all skin types.
- TOO FACED HANGOVER 3-IN-1 REPLENISHING PRIMER & SETTING SPRAY – This is a newer one to me that I just started trying out a few weeks ago and it became a quick favorite. While it will work for every skin type it’s especially wonderful if you have dry skin.
- URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER – This is the OG setting spray. This isn’t in everyone’s budgets but if its in yours I highly recommend it! Your makeup will be locked in place and never move ever.
- ICONIC LONDON PREP SET & GLOW – If you want to glow, and I mean really glow, like look like your skin is glass type of glow then you need this in your life.
- ELF BEAUTY SHIELD DAILY DEFENSE MAKEUP MIST – This one is the most affordable option and not only does it set your makeup but it also helps defend your skin from pollution and all the junk in the air.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER MIST & FIX SETTING SPRAY – This is a great setting spray but if I’m keeping it 100 I rarely use it to set my face, I use it to spritz brushes before adding shimmer or metallic shades. And while sure you could just wet your brush with water… this for me I feel makes the eyeshadow last for ever and ever.
- MAZZ HANNA ALIGNMENT ELIXIR – This spray is meant for your face and body as a hydrating mist. However, I’ve also been using it to set my makeup and it works SO FREAKING WELL. Plus there’s a crystal in, so gimme. Use the code: CHEESESTEAK for 20% off your orders at Mazz Hanna.