People are always asking me what I recommend for someone just starting out in makeup, someone who hasn’t worn makeup in awhile or someone simply looking for a fresh start who doesn’t want to break the bank. So rather than give single recommendations, I figured I would put it all in one place and give you all a “Drugstore Starter Kit”. These products are some of my favorite drugstore items and I feel like they would work perfectly for a beginner or someone looking to spice up their everyday routine!!
1. WET N WILD Photofocus Concealer – This is one of my favorite concealers. It’s one of the best concealers out right now, it’s better than almost every single high-end concealer I have ever used. The shade range is decent. It lasts for hours, and doesn’t settle in your creases.
2. Maybelline Master Fix Setting Powder – A translucent setting powder is something that the drugstore just doesn’t do. Everything a true drugstore brand has ever popped out with has truly been junk. But this one? This one will have you set and ready to go!
3. WET N WILD Photofocus Foundation Stick – This is a new to me product but I am in love. The liquid version of this was the best foundation of 2018 for me so it’s no surprise that I love it in stick form. It works for all skin types. Medium to full coverage with no creasing or slipping.
4. WET N WILD Photofocus Rose 3-in-1 Primer – This is something else that I tried with the foundation. It’s 100% a dupe for the Smashbox Primer Water, and it’s cheap AF. So it’s definitely what I would toss in my bag!
5. Maybelline Master Chrome Highlights – These are some of my favorite highlights from the drugstore. The pigment is beautiful.
6. Milani Soft & Sultry Eyeshadow Palette – A lot of time when it comes to drugstore eyeshadow there’s not much you can find. But this Milani palette is one that gives you awesome pigment, super blendability, and gorgeous shades.
7. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – This is a cult favorite. It smells amazing. It’s beautiful. It works great for pale gals too which is a bonus for me. No oompa loompa crazy.
8. L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara – A favorite of mine since it’s inception. This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used in my life.
9. L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara Primer – I’ve been trying this out for weeks and I love it so much. I had tried a super expensive one right before and this one is just as good.
10. Maybelline Eyestudio Master Precise Skinny Gel Pencil – One of the best pencils you can find at the drugstore. From tightlining to a big ass wing, it can do it all.
11. Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink – The best liquid lipsticks you’ll find at the drugstore. They stay for freaking ever. The colors are gorgeous. I want them all.