This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Prosacea. All opinions are 100% mine.
Do you change up your skincare routine when Winter shows up? I definitely do, it’s something that is imperative to me as someone who suffers from dry skin and facial redness. If I don’t switch it up I end up looking like something between a snake losing its skin and a bruised tomato. I know that I need to treat my skin differently in the Winter especially because my skin gets extra dry and flares up. My redness is at its worst in the heart of Winter as well. So I definitely focus more on healing my skin than I do on just covering up the issues I’m having.
WINTER SKIN TIPS
- HUMIDIFIER: Our apartment has electric baseboard heat and it makes the air super dry which in turn causes my skin to be super dry and can even cause it to crack. I keep a humidifier plugged in and running in our living room, office, and bedroom to help restore moisture back into the air.
- NO HOT SHOWERS: You might think that a 30-minute hot bath or shower sounds fabulous after walking back from the subway in the frigid cold, but it’s not. It’s actually drying out your skin. Keep your shower or baths to less than 15 minutes and use lukewarm water.
- MOISTURE SANDWICH: I make sure to keep my skin super moisturized in the winter and use products to promote hydration. I apply them with the moisture sandwich concept.
- Dampen my face with a facial spray or tap water and apply serums.
- Once the serums have dried down, I dampen my face once more and apply my moisturizer followed by an oil.
- I lock everything in with an occlusive.
- HEAL INSTEAD OF CONCEAL: If you know me, you know I’ve been reaching for lighter base products instead of full coverage foundations. In order to do that I really want to make sure that I’m taking care of my redness. I’ve been using Prosacea® daily to calm and soothe my dry, reddened, irritated skin. Prosacea can be used alone, under moisturizer, or under makeup to help treat and heal your redness.
If you have been following me on Instagram for a while, you know that I have used Prosacea on and off for the last three years, of course testing out different products is part of my job, but Prosacea is my go-to when someone asks for a rosacea or facial redness product at an affordable price. It’s a gold star rating from yours truly. Prosacea Medicated Gel reduces rosacea symptoms, including facial redness, pimples, and irritation.
For me specifically, Prosacea has been a welcomed addition to my skincare routine many times. It helps me achieve healthier-looking skin while soothing and calming redness. It’s gentle enough to be used daily and it works perfectly under makeup.
A bonus with Prosacea during these unprecedented times is if you’re suffering from Maskne, Prosacea controls maskne rosacea symptoms of redness, irritation & pimples.
Give Prosacea a try this Winter and let me know your thoughts!